Saturday, March 6, 2010

blogs i never posted..

"Valentines day came and went. we escaped to the cabin for two nights to play video games with the kids all day..
to get away from the phone. the computer. people. the tv
It was so nice.
Two days before, while searching for my softball glove (which is nowhere to be found!) I came across and old box of love letters.. I found this old note. the first note i ever wrote "I love you" in. (haha!! I WROTE "I love you" for the first time. what a pussy!)
He carried it in his wallet for years. its hardly readable. its a paper thin soft piece of binder paper. folded a thousand times over.
YAY! the perfect valentine. because.. let me tell you .. there are only so many ways to say "i love you" in a card, at this point in our relationship.
And it was nice to read the unclouded,pure love coming off the paper.. at the age of 16. Sometimes you need a little reminder of what youre hanging on to. And.. yes.. there are times where its hard. theres a reason most marriages fail. its hard. times get hard. Having kids is hard. We hardly have any time alone. it sucks sometimes. Thats reality. I hate it when my single girlfriends tell me "you dont understand. youre just soooo lucky." well.. hell ya Im lucky, I have an incredible best friend/husband, but hell ya we both have made a promise to eachother that we will DIE trying . no matter what life throws us. and sometimes .. ladies.. its not all cupcakes and apple fritters. I would like to remind you, that I lived for three entire years, planning one wedding, two pregnancies and two children later with a toilet that required a white PVC pipe, AKA, the "shit stick" to push our crap down the pipes every few days!! And now we live in a house that we can hardly afford, with two cars that hardly work. but you know what.. we will make it work! And it aint all luck.

ANYWHO>>>>>
It was nice to regroup, hang around all day with no distractions... and really have a minute to STOP and look into eachothers eyes, among other things. =) "

***

"6am, cabin. pitch dark on mattresses on the living room floor.
Avery- "junie im scared"

J "come here avery" (scoops him in & puts her arm around him) "Theres no need to fear! Super Junie is here! I will protect you, and so will the wall of snow around the cabin"

I laid in the dark pretendingn to sleep, watching them lay face to face with arms around eachother necks.

***


Hollywood video is closing. Suripised it lasted this long, really, with netflix and all. I remember wearing a cumber bun and red bow tie, wtih stacks of VHS tapes piled in my arms. VHS tapes people!!! I think I made $5.75? waoH! IT was my first job. and Brandons 6th or something. I think he lasted there for a few months! LOL.
So cool and weird to see the history of technology changing so dramatically over the years. For our parents generation there were just a few things.. like.. cordless phones & pagers! Now im gonna have to buy my kid a cell phone & ipod at , like. 12. craP!

2 comments:

Reina said...

You two give people hope.

Unknown said...

Hollywood Video was my 2nd job-I loved it! I think my record was 22 or 23 VHS in one hand,(my legs will never be stronger.) I miss it too! Remember when we "robbed" that place? Haha.