Tuesday, March 23, 2010

5 years ago today..

...A little dude would come into my life and enchant me with his dimples and giggles.
From the moment he could walk, my life changed dramatically. Climbing, running, screaming, he was so full of life!
He humbled me as a mother. I thought I had all the answers before Avery came along. hhaa!!
Despite his stubborn, strong headed, impulsive madness (SO my child), He has brought so much love and so much joy into our lives with his giant huge strangulating hugs.

I love seeing him kiss worms & bugs, and caress his lips against fuzzy caterpillars.
I love it when he crawls into bed with me in the mornings and wraps his tiny little arms and legs around me like a little monkey.
I love the feeling of his little eyelashes batting against mine with butterfly kisses every night.
I love how he cannot let juniper out of his intense embrace in the morning before school. He watches her walk away.. holding back tears. trying to be strong.
I love his strong will, his carefree soul, his millions of questions, his inquisitive ways, his intensity, his wild and crazy spirit, and his ridiculously cute little face. =)

Last night I laid there until he fell asleep, running my hands through his hair, and along his little back. The last night I would cuddle my tiny four year old.

Every day he wakes up and says "Its going to be a great day! I am going to be such a good boy!"
and every day I tell him, "you ARE such a good boy Avery. I Love you".

On March 23rd, @ 8.2 pounds, 20 inches, Avery completed our family, and overflowed my heart with more love I ever thought was humanly possible to feel.






this is avery in the hospital. i should have know! crazy "strong headed" little guy!! =)




Happy Birthday Avery Melvin!!!!
(thats a hermit crab in there!)


More Avery photos HERE.




3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You're making me cry woman! I forgot he was so big-8'2 woah! What a little firecracker he is-he IS a Maddog-hehe. xoxo Avery!

Reina said...

These photos make me so happy for your beautiful family. What a long way we have come. I cant believe he is 5 years old today. Wishing him many more years.