Saturday, January 23, 2010

the room is quiet and dark. i told everyone to give me 5


only a mom&wife knows what its like to go days at a time without having a single moment to yourself. and i mean. literally.
not a single moment.
i dont know how we made it 3 years in a trailer the size of my kitchen.
because even with all this square footage, i cant even take a piss without someone noticing .
i wish there was a little magical room of requirement in my house. just to slip away for a moment.
no wonder my husband smokes. thats like a whole FIVE minutes of peace. bastard.
i think im going to start making gloriously fancy meals that take a really really long time, and have a "no children or husband allowed in the kitchen" rule. yes. i like that.
I was always a totally weird kid who liked to hang out in the fields all by myself or edit home videos for hours. my mom used to worry about me.
and i actually liked being grounded to my room because that meant everyone was going to leave me alone.
My brother just recently told my mom he is surprised i ended up having kids cause i liked doing my own thing.
but, its so easy to give up so much when you love something so much.
my entire self revolves around my family. the sacrifice of time and selflessness is easy.
but.. every once in a while.. im like.. ok people. i just need a minute. for me. so shhhhhhhh!!!! go away!

and the funny thing is, now, i dont even know what to do with myself if i have a minute. here i am blogging.
here is a picture daniel took of me on my 30th at the ahwahnee. im trying to look really cool in my new very first ever anthropologie dress. booya! . ok . times up.