Friday, November 6, 2009

ok all better now

ah, what a teeny tiny break will do for a girl.
I ended up calling my mother to see if she could watch the kids so I could go out and actually have a conversation with my husband over dinner that neither of us had to make, then force two small people to eat, then clean, then .. the whole bed time hullaballoooo.

We had a great night & arrived safe and sound at home a whopping 2 hours later. (ah it was lovely!) to a quite house.
a little too quiet. I go to feed my puffer fish dinner, and there is my big puffer stuck in a tunnel in a rock.
like STUCK. his little head is sticking out of this tunnel, and im freaking out, as brandon is pushing him back out the other way (there was no way he was making it out that end) . I wrapped a washcloth around a spoon, and brandon was pushing him in his little puffer face trying to get him out of there!!!
OMG i was terrified. i thought he was going to suffer from internal bleeding. but. hes ok.
man, i guess hes just getting too big. i plugged the tunnel up with a rock .
damn animals, stressing me out!

So, just now i go outside to empty my koi bowl .becuase its empty. because the godammned raccoons ate my fish the other night. the kids goldfish, and my koi. =(
As im emptying the pot out, this fish goes flying out! (more internal bleeding is all im thinking) one survived! the black guy. he was camoflauged.
aaah, evolution of the black suburban goldfish begins.

2 comments:

Reina said...

you are hella funny!!

AlyssaP said...

You have (had?) Koi? I haven't been there in FOREVER! We need to come visit soon...