Wednesday, November 25, 2009

my honeys day off! YAYYYYYY

anndddd photos are so deceiving ("I before E except after C.". I do it wrong everytime!.)
Spent most the morning convincing Juniper to go down the pole at the park.
She stood there crying for .. um.. way too long. felt like 20 minutes. im not too far off.

I was so torn between, making her do something I know she can do, and just letting her be HER.
Its a constant struggle for me as a parent. I was never like this as a child. I was balls to the wall.

but, my dear little child is sweet and afraid. and .. well... shes awesome. in her own little way.
She could paint with watercolors all day if i let her. What 6 year old has that sort of patience?
my june bug does.

SO>>>> do i push her to go down the slide (age 1) , submerge her underwater( age 2) , dance on the stage (I know you want to. you love to dance in class. age 3,), to ride her bike without training wheels (age 4) ...

DO i push her to be someone she is not naturally? I know i have to to a certain degree.
("juniper. Say hello to your friend. They just said hi to you. dont ignore them. its rude")
Shes shy . and thats ok. but.. .. ...
where to draw the line. when to push her and when not to? that is the question.
I know if i didnt push her she wouldnt know how to swim (LIKE A FISH!) or light up on stage with joy) I know she wants to do these things. i see her jump forward, then hesitate. second guess herself. I want her to believe in herself. But.. i want her to be herself.






1 comment:

Reina said...

No way. My parents made me do all kinds of this I didnt want to do they were trying to ignite my passion and open new window that I would never try. If I still hated it afterward I guess I never had to do it again. If you never try it ( even if your parents make you) you will never know . You know?