Sunday, August 29, 2010

the great divide

i read about it for years in parenting magazines from the first time i was pregnant 8 years ago..
and thought.. that will never happen to me. The great divide between your friends without kids, and you.

ahhhh... but it finally is.. finally has.. crept in, the reality that i just never wanted to believe. I dont love my parent-less friends any less than my mom friends. in fact, i love them and need them more than anyone, but... there is something so different about this world of mine. and sometimes i feel very alone.

being a mom has changed my entire being, and only other moms can really understand that.

being a parent, is .. literally absolutely indescribable. You can imagine it all you want. try to wrap your finger around it, visualize your unborn children...just as i once had. but, until it actually happens. there is absolutely no way to understand the love, fear, exhuastion, love, juggling, patience, love, loss of patience, (and a million bazillion other emotions that rise up within you from that day forth).
and, you finally understand your parents, on this whole new level.

And, like they did for years, you just have to sit back, smile , and accept.. they'll never get it, until they are actually in these shoes.

5 comments:

Reina said...

As I will never understand your strife until I have my own children and walk in your shoes.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ said...

whatever, i just watched a cat for two weeks. it cried and stuff and i had to feed it. super annoying, but i got through it. so self righteous. i had a hamster too. i had multiple hamsters. never two at once like avery and juniper but i had more than one hampster, all of which died of natural causes. 1 of which died of natural causes. next time i come over i am bringing a bag of flour and it is to be my baby and you are not to acknowledge that it is not a real baby.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ said...

p.s. the great divide between my butt cheeks. love, adam

Reina said...

nice adam.

Lori Huneke said...

ahaaaa hahaaa!! ill love your bag of flour like its my own.