Tuesday, August 17, 2010

well that will get your blood flowing

So, i spent most of yesterday on the phone with apple support after my work computer crashed.
OMG> i almost shit myself.
I mean, I back up all my weddings in multiple places of course (well, the raw unedited files at least), but my own personal photos.. thats a different story.
After they couldnt figure out what was wrong, I had to make an appointment at the store.
p-town was booked till wed night. omg!!! like im not behind enough already on my work. and im just imagining the worse.
ILl have to re-edit all that stuff and redesign those albums. holy holy shit.
SO, off to walnut creek with kids in tow and my HUGE imac. dude, that shit is heavy!!!
and im clumsy. i was scared.
the guy at the genius bar says it sounds like my hard drive crashed, and it will cost me $2,000 to try and recover my pictures.
i melted.
then.. he found my stuff.
and then...
i almost starting crying out of pure joy.
"i love you"
i told the guy. I wanted to hug him. I held back.
he didnt say anything, and i lugged my computer back & we all lived happily ever after.
lucky me. what a warning. time for another external hard drive.

1 comment:

ice cream barrels said...

...and your computer is all good too or what? leavin me hangin all in suspense...!!!
ha
it is easy to complicate our lives but complicated to make our lives easier......damn comfusers always crashin

glad you recovered your stuff!