Friday, December 4, 2009

turkey day pics



so we had our first big thanksgiving at home. it all started the night before with pumpkin pie crust from scratch. hell ya! as for the dinner part.. brandon and i had no idea what we were doing. I had all intentions of being brave and making my very own thanksgiving turkey. figured its something every woman should know how to do. I didnt even know i needed a "roasting rack" i was like.. what the hell is that? Cannt we jsut put it in this pan!? LOL!
,We literally had to "you tube" everything we made. thank god for the internet.
And when it all came down to it, i broke down, and couldnt even manage to butter it up. in fact, i could barely watch as brandon did it in the sink.
all i could think of was a baby being given a bath. it was like so alive and real to me.
i cant get over it. i loved my turkey as a child, and i guess its too deeply rooted in me.
thank goodness my hubby is a better chef than me !
Giblets!? what the fuck are giblets you ask!? well... you probably know. I didnt. OMG!!!!!!

Lorinda laughed at me on the phone and came to the rescue with roasting rack, thermometer and all that jazz, and my mom made gravy out of the giblets. yuck.

I myself enjoyed the veggie stuffing and garlic mashed potatoes. holla!
here are..
Pictures from the day


***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!