Sunday, October 28, 2007

stars n stripes and baby talk

welcome home!!!


its so nice to have afshin safe and sound at home again. we took a trip up to the cabin to just chill. it was awesome. pictures coming soon...

and it was the first trip where I didnt have to pack diapers or sippy cups, or worry too much about avery running away into the forest alone.

just when I was reaching that point with Juniper, Avery was born. And now hes 2 1/2, And everythings so different. While some things are getting harder, so many things are getting easier. and way more fun. I cant wait to go camping this summer!!

no more playpens to sleep in at night, no more crying the whole way in the car, no more stops for diaper changes,
AND ..get this...we actually went out to breakfast! at a restaurant...and heres the catch... we got to sit down and actually eat our food!! it was lovely. And the kids sat and colored, and ate pancakes. and avery sipped his coffee.

everyone's always asking me if we are done having kids... and i just dont know. On most days I think "yes, we are done", on other days...i long for a baby in my arms again...

Next year avery will be in preschool, juniper will be in KINDERGARTEN, and for the first time in 5 years I will have a moment to myself again. i can feel a little hard lump rise in my throat when i think about all the change...

And i just am so thankful I get to spend these baby years with them at home... playing around, dancing and singing.. bath time... cuddling...

and shit...maybe I will get knocked up again in a few years. I know I will miss all that stuff, there's no doubt...but...ahhh...it was nice to sit down at that restaurant for a change...

3 comments:

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ said...

I <3 your blog

ice cream barrels said...

congrats on the potty trained kiddies, just got one out of diapers and then got another one in 'em. the newest one, sophie ruins at least one article of clothing per day, I have thus invented the full body diaper....
speakin of diapers, bella loves juniper's care bear and puts diapers on it all the time. I think I'll have to buy ya'll another one... she has definitley used it extensively. thanks! and sorry for thieving it !!

RE: peanut said...

What's this "sitting down at a restaurant" you speak of? I know not...and by the time Ry gets there, we'll have another...