Sunday, April 6, 2008

my bunionette




I couldnt figure it out. I had asked my doctor friend about it over a year ago. he asked me what kind of shoes i wear "these here flip flops" i said.

the bump comes and goes. my mom says "its a bunion", but those only appear on the inside of your feet.

also, bunions are caused by tight wearing shoes or bad footwear (all i wear are flip flops). i thought, it couldnt be a bunion.

and then...i found the "bunionette" or "tailors bunion"


"The term "tailor's bunion" initially described an acquired lesion that caused chronic pain and swelling over the lateral aspect of the fifth metatarsal head. These lesions often were present on tailors, whose traditional cross-legged sitting posture on benches resulted in pressure being placed on the lateral side of the foot, leading to the development of painful bunionettes. Davies later described the lesion in the English literature in 1949."

I think "bunionette" sounds better. "honey..does my bunionette look too big in these flip flops?"

the right foot's worse..since thats the leg that premoninantly hits the ground when i sit "criss cross apple sauce"

2 comments:

jenijennjen said...

ha ha ha! i love you my little bonefoot!
xoxo

sweet said...

bummer!
bunionette is totally better.