Wednesday, June 8, 2011

softball

 Between the tom boy I once was, and my skateboarding/soccerplaying/snowboarding//golfing/Icandoanything hubby of mine...I thought for sure we would have crazy sports kids. I mean, thats just what you do growing up in Pleasanton. You play sports! 

And then I gave birth to the most beautiful little thing to ever touch down on the planet. My quite, caring, kind, little girl. She loves to paint, read, write, sew, sing, dance, draw.

She is such a coordinated kid , but so cautious and timid... i love this gentleness about her so much, & to be honest, I am very grateful she is not like I was when I was little.   haha!  But, of course I wanted her to play softball! We had a blast last year, but.. I was surprised when she asked to play again this year.  Yes, she begs to practice all day long, but on the field, she would shut down. 

This year was all about building confidence. We just told her she was the best. And.. well.. turns out she is. =) Two girls from each team are chosen to play in the all star game.   Last night she rocked it!  I think pitching is her niche. which works out great, cause I was a catcher. =) 

No comments: