Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SIX

my baby boy was born SIX YEARS AGO today! I really cannot believe that he can possibly be that old.

BaBa and PaPa brought bagels for breakfast, and we opened a couple little gifts.

As we layered ourselves up this morning for the stormy walk to school, Juniper finally confessed that she is embarrassed to wear her rain coat because it has care bears on it.
My heart ached a tad, and thought... it wont be long before she wont want to hold my hand on the way to school.

 I looked up to take a mental picture of Avery skipping in his darling frog rain coat ahead of us...
Soaking in these fleeting moments... knowing it wont be long before he too will be aware of the clothes he is wearing, the tv shows he likes, the kind of shoes everyone has...
For now, these things dont matter to him.
Man, they grow up way too fast!!

Happy birthday my little man. You light up my heart. I love you more than words can express.