Saturday, August 18, 2007

illusional thinking

Where did the summer go? I guess this is how its going to be..a flurry of birthday parties and swim lessons for the next ten years or so.
ON days when Im feeling a little nutty from doing kids stuff all day, i just think about how weird its going to feel someday without them around all the time. So, i wake up everyday and relish every moment of it the best i can. but Its hard to consciously soak in the moments while actually living them at the same time. i guess thats why i take so many pictures.


Its funny..when i look back at my blog, i think...wow! THat looks fun..and it is, dont get me wrong, but man...it hardly depicts the reality of my life in any way. For the most part, its pure insanity around here. anyone planning on having their children close in age so they will be friends...rethink that theory. ok ok, they are still little, and starting to play together a little now,im sure things will be different soon, but the last two years have been a complete blur of junipers jealousy, time management, nap/dance scheduling, my own guilt for not having enough energy for them both, madness, and tears.

however, when they do hug and kiss each other ... its like the BEST THING IN THE WORLD! and a piece of me just...i cant explain the feeling, but its awesome.

and despite all the madness, were thinking of getting a dog..man..

I had recently been informed a friend of ours got his girlfriend a Himalayan persian kitten. I couldnt help but reflect on a time when it was just me and brandon. its such a distant memory now, its almost like it never happened. It feels like we have always been a family. which is so bazaar, but then again..im strange for thinking this way, but in the words of my mother (oh goodness...here i go) "just wait till you have kids".

and this is how it all began...

1 comment:

sweet said...

oh pru! she was such a beautiful girl!