Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hey country club, can I have my husband back now please??

Video here  pics here 


Ya, I know this trip was a while ago, but im still relishing the moments of summer....
 and I literally just looked at this pics for the first time. 



 Brandon has been working crazy long days. & I had 6 weddings this month.  

Its that time of year where I feel sucked into the rat race. the weddings. the work. the parties. the HW, the emails. soccer. dance. the stuff. I start to question our way of life. I start researching "yerts"  and dream of living on the farm. I dream of simpler times. And then I have to remind myself its temporary. This time of year is crazy. Its temporary. 

My kids are right here in front of me, yet I miss them every day. Wishing and hoping for more minutes at the end of each night. more connections. more eye contact.  Im yearning for some cozy mellow nights at home. family dinners with daddy home. This is the time of year where I start to crack. I start to feel disconnected. the world starts spinning all around me. I can see my kids growing before my very eyes, and I just want to grab onto them, and freeze time. 

we need a family vacation & im gonna make it happen. 

 Juniper had one wish this summer, to go to the beach. I will keep my promise. I will take my kids to the beach. Yes, summer may be over,  & its definitely not Costa Rica (we are not going), the weather may not be perfect,it might just be a few days, the school may not be too happy, the little bathroom is still out of order, there are trees & wisdom teeth that need to be removed, but..we have a reliable car, a roof rack, & its off peak pricing! & my family comes before everything and anything. isnt that why we are working so hard for in the first place? for us? I think we deserve a beach/hotel vacay! 

san diego... here we come? =) 

No comments: