Friday, March 6, 2009

spotted puffer fish

ok, so .. . i am obsessed with puffers. hence the name of the blog
i freaking love them.
no, i fucking love them.

Ive had my eye on this big jade puffer for 3 weeks now. I had him on hold for a bit, but then took him off.
puffers are territorial and fighsty. they will atack and kill eachother in an instant. I wasnt sure i wanted to get him and mess with the harmony of my tank.

my tank consists of two big spotted puffers, 3 mini pea puffers, 2 bumble bee gobies, and a small figure eight puffer.
Most people would think.. ok, no big deal. but let me tell you! this is a big deal! having that many puffers in one tank together.

ive always loved my "first born" spotted puffer the mostest. so, all the others ive introduced to the tank have been smaller, and not a threat to him, so sad to say, i havent worried too much about something happening.

However, today, i purchased a large jade puffer. i LOVE him. he looks like hes smiling. my main concearn would be him eating my spotted puffers. wish me luck!!! im watcing him like a hawk!!!! if he lies one fin on the others.. hes outta there!!!!

il post pics soon.

No comments: