Tuesday, January 27, 2009

ALOHA!!!

here are my Hawaiiiii pictures
what a beautiful island! it was my first time to maui. we took the road to hana, went swimming at black sand beaches, white sand beaches, snorkeling with the sea turtles. I saw an octopus too, and of course the most incredible assortment of colorful fish in the world. i could snorkel all day long!!!
we went to the "bamboo forrest' and hiked, and swam in pools beneath huge waterfalls, in freshwater caves, and... wow.. it was truly incredible. OH! and i saw my first whale ever. It jumped so high out of the water. it was breathtaking. literally! It TOOK MY BREATH AWAY! I climbed a huge banyon tree.stood up in the back of a jeep on a bumping twisting toad looking out at the ocean and orange flowers adorning the canopy of trees along the way.
With the wedding planning and all, we really only had one day to pack it all in.. and we sure did.
I didnt lay on the beach once single time. my towel didnt even make it out of my bag. There was just too much to see and do.
and there was no way i was going to waste a single minute of it !
i felt like a little kid, scurrying from rock to rock, and diving in deep cold pools of water, and scaring myself to death swimming into dark nooks of caves.
i didnt have to worry about putting sunblock on my "three" children (brandon always forgets too!!) or worry about anyone drowning in the ocean if i turned my back. and i of course got to spend time with my girlfriends that i havent had a real uninterupted conversation in years with.
i could stop and listen to the bamboo swaying in the wind, clanking together like wooden wind chimes (honestly this was a spiritual expreience) . I could do whatever the hell i wanted and not worry about anything with only a camera stuffed into my bathing suit. i finally left my towel behind.. the weather was so warm. i didnt care to dry off.
i missed my family of course, but i needed that date with nature. it rejuvinated my soul. thats for sure.
although, all the while... every spot i went, i kept saying outload, "i cant wait to take my babies here someday"



and of course the wedding was beautiful...

3 comments:

Reina said...

u=Nut.
I love U. L

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ said...

update please

AlyssaP said...

Is that a jellyfish in the toe picture or what? OUCH! :)

The rest are gorgeous. You seemed so relaxed and happy at Liz's wedding. Glad you got a getaway!